When callers ask about
the Hardship Fund

Unfortunately, the Hardship Fund cannot be accessed
through the Support Line.

The Hardship Fund can only be accessed by partner organisations who have an existing relationship with a service user. As such, we cannot signpost people for Hardship Fund.

If the caller is experiencing financial difficulties, we can signpost them to CAB or Turn2Us for other financial support. The purpose of this signposting is so the service user can access appropriate financial advice; it is NOT a route to accessing the Hardship Fund.

*For Northern Ireland only, signpost to St Vincent de Paul or Rural Support Network for financial advice.

When someone, who has received HF card previously, calls because they need more support

Having already received support from the Hardship Fund it is not possible to do so again or for the support to be extended beyond that. This is set out in the letter that came with the card.

When callers have issues with their cash card

Any call regarding Hardship Fund card queries should be signposted to 0300 332 1425. This is only for the service users who already received their cash card.

Page changes trackerDateInitials
Updated information on NI1/12PW
Wording on the page changed. Previous content from the page transferred to the file ‘Hardship Fund – more information’22/01PK
Section ‘When some who has already received a HF card previously, calls because they need more support’ added.26/01PK