House fire

UK House Fire

Page for response to house fire disclosure

The BRC has new fire page to support please find it here

Find temporary accommodation

You may prefer to stay with friends or family. Otherwise who you should contact depends on if you:

  • have buildings insurance – your insurer will arrange for you to stay in a hotel or similar. If you want to bring a pet with you make sure the insurer arranges pet-friendly accommodation, for example the Travelodge chain
  • own your home but aren’t insured – contact the emergency housing department of your local council in England and Wales or the Housing Executive in Northern Ireland
  • are renting or a guest at someone’s home – call your landlord, letting agent or housing association. If they can’t help you, contact the emergency housing department of your local authority or the Housing Executive.